We are looking for interns for a 6-month placement to assist our Immigration Information & Advocacy team.
Crosscare Migrant Project is an information, advocacy and referral organisation for migrants in vulnerable situations. We provide information to migrants to Ireland as well as Irish emigrants. We also work to effect positive change in migration-related policy.
The duties of this internship are to:
- Assist in providing immigration information to migrants at our office in Dublin 1
- Advocate on behalf of migrants with statutory and non-statutory organisations
- Refer migrants to specialist organisations and services where necessary
- Support the Immigration Information & Advocacy team to ensure excellent service provision
- Complete and maintain manual case files and computer database
- Gather information and keep up-to-date with immigration issues
- Participate in team and case meetings
- Contribute to the overall work plan of Crosscare Migrant Project
Hours and remuneration:
Hours: 3 days per week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9.30am to 5pm)
Remuneration: Travel and lunch expenses (maximum of €15 per day)
Duration: 6 months
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to social justice and equality
- Knowledge of the Irish immigration system
- Fluency in other languages
- Previous experience of information and advocacy work
- Previous experience of recording data
Please email your CV and a cover letter marked ‘Information and Advocacy Internship’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Wednesday 30th January.
Your cover letter should outline your previous work experience, why you want to do this internship and your availability.
Interviews will be held the week beginning 4 February 2019
One internship will begin in early February 2019 and a second one in Spring/Summer 2019