Here are some ways to help you stay connected to Ireland.
- Keep in touch with home – Set up a group chat with your family and friends in Ireland. Teach your parents how to Skype & set them up on WhatsApp / Viber / Facebook Messenger before you go
- Get involved in local Irish groups – see this list for details
- Read Irish papers online – like the Irish Times Abroad
- Sign up to our newsletter – such as these updates from the Irish government, or our Emigrant News
- Plan a trip back to Ireland in your first year abroad if you can – it always helps to have something to look forward to
- Make sure you retain your Irish citizenship by registering annually with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service if you are an Irish citizen by naturalisation living abroad