Bringing Non-Irish Family Members

Returning with a Family Member from an EEA Country

If your family member is a citizen of an EEA country, they do not need a visa to enter Ireland.

Returning with a Family Member from a Non-EEA Country

If your spouse, civil partner, de facto partner is a citizen of a non-EEA country, they may need to apply for a visa before they travel to Ireland.

Once in Ireland they will need to apply for permission to live and work here based on your relationship. This is because there is currently no automatic entitlement under Irish law for them join you in Ireland.

Download our essential guides for everything you need to know:

You can also find more information at the website of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) –