In order to support the next generation of returning Irish emigrants, we provide collaborative information sharing and training sessions to Emigrant Support Programme funded organisations around the world.
We can facilitate these in person or remotely by webinar with front-line workers or directly with groups of prospective returnees. Our hope is that by working together we can support current Irish emigrants to make an informed decision about their proposed return to Ireland from abroad.
Watch our new Returning to Ireland webinar series
Delivered to Irish Emigrant Support Organisations and Consular Missions, in partnership with the Coalition of Irish Immigration Centers in late 2018, these webinars aim to help front-line workers supporting Irish people returning from North America:
- Irish immigration requirements for non-Irish family members (31st Oct 2018)
- Social welfare options for returning Irish emigrants (20th Nov 2018)
- Supporting people returning to Ireland in crisis (11th Dec 2018)
Keep an eye on this page for future training sessions in 2019!
You can also email email@example.com if you have any training needs you would like to discuss.
Previous sessions have included…
- Australia: Information events in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth for returning Irish emigrants delivered in partnership with the Irish Support Agency NSW, IASAQ, and the Claddagh Association
- Ireland: Various information sessions on access to emergency supports for returning Irish emigrants, delivered to Enable Ireland staff and Dublin-based medical social workers
- UK: London based training for member organisations of the Irish in Britain on the practicalities of returning to Ireland, delivered in partnership with Safe Home Ireland in collaboration of the Irish in Britain and the London Irish Centre
- USA: Webinar on the Habitual Residence Condition for members the Coalition of Irish Immigration Center
- Australia: Information events in Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth for returning Irish emigrants in collaboration with the Irish Support Agency NSW, the Consulate of Ireland in Sydney, the Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce, IASAQ, and the Claddagh Association
- New Zealand: Information events in Auckland and Christchurch for returning Irish emigrants in collaboration with the Consulate General of Ireland (Auckland), Auckland Irish Society, and Christchurch Irish Society
- Ireland: Various information sessions on immigration and return migration to Ireland, delivered to Dublin-based medical social workers
- Canada: Returning to Ireland focused information event in Edmonton in collaboration with the Irish Canadian Immigration Centre, the Honorary Consul of Ireland (Edmonton) and Edmonton Irish Club
- Australia: Returning to Ireland focused information events in Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth in collaboration with the Irish Support Agency NSW, the Consulate of Ireland in Sydney, the Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce, IASAQ, and the Claddagh Association